Missing teeth when you are a toddler is considered cute and goes unnoticed. But missing teeth at a later stage, no matter the reason, never goes unnoticed. It changes your facial appearance and affects your beautiful smile. Missing teeth can be caused due to many reasons like an injury, gum disease, tooth decay, or even due to a genetic condition. If it remains unattended, it leads to many other problems.
There are numerous methods to replace lost teeth. Your dentist in Scottsdale AZ, Dr. Brent Call at Rejuvenation Dental, would suggest the one that suits the issue the best.
Let’s Look at Some of the Missing Teeth Procedures by Dentist in Scottsdale:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants in Scottsdale are a very common procedure suggested by dentists in Scottsdale, AZ since the replaced teeth look exactly like your natural ones. The process involves replacing your tooth roots with metal screws, which acts as an anchor for the replacement tooth or teeth. Once the screw replacements are done, it is left to heal. During this healing time, it gets fused to the jawbone. After the process of healing is over a dental crown will be affixed above and bonded. Renowned dentist Dr. Brent Call and his team are pros in dental implants and discuss few essential facts about the dental implants recovery process.
- Implant-Supported bridge: Dentists in Scottsdale, AZ, use this method for teeth missing in a row. This implant-supported bridge method has either end of the teeth secured in place with dental implants and no screwing is required to keep the middle sections of both ends in place.
- Tooth-Supported bridge:This method uses the rest of teeth to hold the bridge in its place and does not require placing implants in your mouth. The crowns placed next to the missing teeth are fused into place. Dentists in Scottsdale, AZ, completes this process in just a few visits.
- Removable Partial Dentures: Dentures are similar like dental implants with variation in pros and cons. Dentists in Scottsdale, AZ, recommends this procedure for patients with only a couple of teeth that are missing. These dentures are partial and removable, and these are placed in the right place to ensure that the false teeth are held in the right spots.
- Flipper: Partial dentures that can flip in and out from its place and are temporary are called flippers. This method does not require any metal clasps and neither any support from the surrounding teeth.
There are many well-qualified and well-experienced dentists in Scottsdale who offer numerous options to fix this problem. Also, you can schedule a consultation with Rejuvenation Dental where Dr. Brent Call practices and seek the right advice.