Important Facts About Dental Implants
Looking for information about Dental Implants? Then, you're in the right place. A dental implant offers the opportunity to restore your teeth to their former glory. With natural-looking teeth, a dental implant can considerably improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. Here we will be discussing the seven important facts regarding dental implants. But, before jumping into the facts let us first know what dental implants are all about.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an artificial tooth that provides a permanent base for tooth replacement. Dental Implants in Scottsdale are a popular and effective long-term solution for people who suffer from dental problems such as missing teeth, failing teeth, and tooth decay. Because of the natural look and comfortability, dental implants are quickly becoming the best new method for replacing a tooth or all your teeth.
Facts about Dental Implants:
- Dental Implants Are as Strong as Natural Teeth: Dental Implants are the only available option for tooth replacement in terms of strength and durability. It closely matches your surrounding teeth making it a reliable tooth replacement option. Once placed into a patient's jawbone, the bone fuses around the implant in such a way that it stimulates the natural strength of the tooth that was lost.
- Dental Implants Surgeries Are at Low Risk: Dental Implants in Scottsdale have a success rate of 95 percent. Patients may have a slight pain at the implants site with facial swelling and burning.
- Dental Implants Guard Against Bone Loss: The result of tooth loss involves the loss of bone that has been supporting the missing tooth. In the absence of the tooth root, the jawbone recedes which changes the shape of the mouth. This loss of bone may result in mouth looking sunken and causes wrinkles. Dental implants in Scottsdale protect the shape, strength of your natural teeth, and preserve the jawbone.
- Dental Implants Require Bone Grafting: Bone grafting is a routine surgery that helps to improve the success rate of dental implants. It creates a more solid base for dental implant treatment. Once, the bone in the jaw heals, you'll be ready to proceed with the dental implant surgery.
- Dental Implants are Stronger than Natural Teeth: Dental implants not only look like natural teeth, they perform just as well. They are made up of titanium making it durable, long-lasting, and cavity-free. It acts as an anchor in the teeth and can be used to add dentures, porcelain crowns, and dental bridges.
- Dental Implants Require Care: As the dental implant isn't at risk for cavities they still require proper care. Flossing and brushing your teeth daily is important to protect the gums surrounding the dental implant.
- Dental Implants Provide Health Benefits: Dental implant is not just a dental procedure. It restores a person's natural ability to bite, chew, and provide other health benefits such as improved speech, easier eating, durability, oral health, and oral hygiene.
Do You Need Dental Implants in Scottsdale?
Dental implants can do more than boost a person's confidence. It can maintain oral health and a youthful appearance. If you're looking for a Dental Implant Treatment in Scottsdale call us at 480-443-3552 and schedule an appointment today.